With over 18 years in the Beauty Industry, Nicole, the Owner and Head Trainer of the Academy will provide you with a wealth of knowledge for you to succeed in the industry. As you begin your training with us, your trainers will be with you every step of the way; ensuring that you are industry ready after graduation.
Are you ready for an exciting new career with flexibility and great rewards?
Train with the best
Mien Brows has one of the countries leading professional academies that can help you get the best start in this rewarding industry. Receive one on one quality training and continued mentoring. Graduate from a recognised brand in the industry, Mien Brows is one of Australias leading Eyebrow Cosmetic Tattoo Clinics.
Why learn at Mien Brows?
One on one training and coaching
Small class sizes for quality teaching
Long-term support from your Master technician
Full-time and part-time courses available
Enhance your skills in an established clinic environment
Also known as “feather stroke.”
Microblading is a tattooing technique in which a small handheld tool made of several tiny needles is used to add semi-permanent pigment to the skin. This technique is used to mimic the natural brow hairs. It is the most natural way to fill in your brows.
A combination brow is a mixture of microbladed hair-like strokes and shading. Shading gives more definition to your brows and once healed it creates more of a “make-up” look. I often use this technique to cover old eyebrow tattoos.
The ombré effect comes from using two different brow colours, one lighter than the other. This technique lasts longer and works very well with oily skin. The brow is also fuller and more defined or dramatic. Great for clients who regularly fill in their brows with pencils or shadows
- Assessment Instruction
- Chapter 1 - What is Cosmetic Tattooing
- Chapter 2 - Professionalism and ethics
- Chapter 3 - Anatomy & Physiology needed for Cosmetic Tattooing
- Chapter 4 - Introduction to the anatomy of the skin
- Chapter 5 - Skin healing stages
- Chapter 6 - The Fitzpatrick scale
- Chapter 7 - Client Contra Indications to cosmetic tattooing
- Chapter 8 - Client skin tone
- Chapter 9 - Colour Theory
- Chapter 10 - Pigment ingredient basics (2:22)
- Chapter 11 - Magnifying Lamp & Other Equipment and your Barrier Wrap (5:10)
- Chapter 12 - Client consultations (7:52)
- Chapter 13 - Client Record-Keeping
- Chapter 14 - Measuring and ‘Golden Ratio’ technique- an introduction
- Chapter 15 - Topical Anaesthetics
- Chapter 16 - What are Microblading and Digital Machine techniques
- Chapter 17 - Digital Machine
- Chapter 18 - Microblading
- Chapter 19 - Different tattoo stroke techniques (92:23)
- Chapter 20 - Factors affecting cosmetic tattooing outcomes (0:48)
- Chapter 21 - Pigment / Issues
- Chapter 22 - Liability, Indemnity and insurance
- Chapter 23 - Shortcuts
- Chapter 24 - Practical procedure setting up your workstation (92:50)
- Chapter 25 - The perfecting process
- Chapter 26 - String Method 2 & Eyebrow Stencil (7:00)
- Chapter 27 - The Brow Stencil
- Chapter 28 - Important factors that may affect the outcome of a cosmetic tattoo eyebrow procedure
- Chapter 29 - The time has arrived
- Chapter 30 - Useful tips